Friday, October 28, 2011

Morning Fruit Smoothie


Are you wondering why you're looking at a bowl of ice cream in a post about a smoothie? Well, two reasons: 1) the leftovers of this smoothie can totally be frozen and eaten for dessert. Hello tropical fruit sorbet; and 2) I completely forgot I was supposed to photograph the smoothie this morning until I was about halfway finished with it. Whoops. But now you get two recipes in one! Exciting, I know.

Now, I know I don't need to tell you how to make a smoothie. I mean, put things in blender. Blend. Not complicated. And I'm not trying to tell you that this is the perfect combo. Maybe you like 3 bananas instead of one. Maybe you're into pineapple juice. Ooh, or a pineapple orange blend, mmm. This is just the current combination that I'm into. It's also the only way I will allow a banana to get past my gums. We all make allowances.

Morning Fruit Smoothie
Yield: 2 servings

Ingredients:
2-3 ice cubes
1 banana
1/3 cup plain yogurt (nonfat, greek, frozen, etc.)
1 cup Frozen fruit (I used about 1/3 raspberries and 2/3 mango)
1/2- 1 cup orange juice
1 squeeze honey
1 scoop vanilla protein powder (optional)

Directions:
1. Place all ingredients into a blender. I piled in the frozen things on the bottom, topping them with (frozen) yogurt, honey, and lastly half the juice.
2. Blend on high, stopping to stir occasionally. Add more juice as necessary to reach desired consistency.
3. Serve immediately or freeze in an airtight container.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...