Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I'm here!

I'm here, I'm here!

I did not get blown away in the hurricane-

but all my power did. Sad face.

That means...
No cooking
No working fridge or freezer (OMG 3 lbs of farm-direct meat!!)
No hot water
No air conditioning 
No lights
No internet (ahhhh)
No charging anything battery operated

It's a wonder I survived as long as I did. Our power is still not on (and probably won't be coming back on until at least Saturday), which is such a bummer because I had something amazingly delicious planned. It involves cream cheese dough. And chicken. Believe me, it's going to be good.

Of course, stupid me, in total denial about the veracity of this itty bitty thing called a hurricane, I went ahead and roasted the chicken and made the dough on Friday, thinking I would finish the meal and blog about it Saturday.

Mother Nature had other ideas. So, all that prepped food is currently chilling (literally) at Dan's parents' house, along with the 2 pounds of ground beef and 1 pound of andouille sausage we had ordered specially from a local farm. I'll be heading over to their house tomorrow to cook that up into something that can probably just go back into their freezer until we have our power back. If it turns out well, it will definitely be making an appearance here.

Plus, you'll want to stay tuned for that chicken and dough dish. Believe me, it's a winner and is on the chopping block as soon as my stove is up and running!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...