Tuesday, August 23, 2011

As California shakes its head in dissapointment

In case you didn't hear (in which case, you must live in a cave and I'm very impressed you found your way to my blog), but there was an earthquake today. Since I live in Richmond, the epicenter was less than 40 miles from my house, and with all the CNN coverage, you'd think the whole East Coast was crumbling into the ocean. Let me try to put it into perspective for you: when it started, I was blow drying my hair and thought our dryer was bouncing around and causing the floor to vibrate. When it got a little stronger, and Dan ran into the nearest doorway (earthquake survival: fail) with an adrenaline-fueled grin on his face, I realized that perhaps, it was a little something bigger. But by the time we figured out what was really happening, it was over.

Really guys, it was not that serious.

Of course, that didn't stop Dan from running out to the Fire/EMS station in case anything else catastrophic happened. It's not like he had surgery yesterday, or anything. Oh, wait....

It also didn't stop me from going to the grocery store for more milk so I could make three versions of the same muffin. There was lots of sampling. And now I feel nauseous. But more on that tomorrow (the muffins, not the nausea).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...