Friday, September 23, 2011

Lists


This is a picture of the chalkboard hanging in my kitchen. It did actually hang in a classroom at one point, and we found it at my favorite thrift store for about $3. Sorry if you can't read my chicken scratch; according to my 7th grade Algebra teacher, I have the handwriting of a teenage boy. But basically it's where I jot down savory dishes I come across or that pop into my head that I want to make in the near future. And where we completely ineffectually threaten our dogs (hence the Dexter stew and Jager salad) since they can't read. It also helps when we're trying to figure out what to have for dinner during the week. We can just look at our "menu" and pick something.

For my baking adventures, I keep a separate (much longer) list as a word document that I update frequently whenever I come across a new recipe or something that inspires me. Periodically, I print it out and hang it on the fridge and when I'm in the mood to bake, I ask Dan to pick something that looks good to him. I also collect recipes on Pinterest whenever I want to remember where I found something specific.

So that's how I stay organized and keep track of what I'm cooking and baking. Any questions?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...