Thursday, November 3, 2011

Brunch at the Jefferson Hotel

On Sunday, before my mom and the ladies left to head back to Virginia Beach, we had brunch at the Jefferson Hotel, where they were staying. Every Sunday the Jefferson hosts a Champagne Brunch and although I've dined at their two restaurants (TJ's and Lemaire), I hadn't yet experienced this Richmond tradition.

For about $40, you get unlimited champagne, orange juice and coffee, a buffet spread that boasts approximately 20 different breakfast and lunch options, plus breakfast pastries and a dozen varieties of desserts.

We were lucky enough to be seated in the Rotunda, a beautiful space right off the lobby with a high, domed ceiling and tons of historical decor. In fact, to get into the Rotunda, you descend the Grand Staircase which some believe was the model for the famous staircase featured in Gone with the Wind.

In front of the Christmas tree in the Rotunda, two years ago

I'm not going to review the food because that would be a conflict of interest for me, so I'll let my pictures speak for themselves.

Round 1: Waffle with berry compote, bacon, sausage and gravy, potatoes

Round 2: Mini bagel with cream cheese, baked brie, some charcuterie

Dessert: S'mores cheesecake, pumpkin creme brulee tartelette, cinnamon roll, apple tart, pumpkin roll. Clearly I should have gotten a bigger plate.

Frankenstein Ice Sculpture, very festive

The dessert table

I will say this: we finished eating around noon and by 7:00 that night all I needed was a bowl of cereal and a handful of cashews to satisfy me before bed.
 
And, sidenote- can you believe Thanksgiving is three weeks away? Three weeks! I'm not ready!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...