Monday, March 5, 2012

Spring Flower Cookies


It snowed today. In March.

Snow in March just is not allowed. So, to help usher in Spring, I decorated these chocolate cookies with some pretty springtime flowers.



I used a technique called brush embroidery that I'm currently in love with.

When I first saw an example of this online, I had no idea how it was done. After some googling and a few youtube videos later, I felt pretty good about trying my hand at it.


If you're looking for a step-by-step tutorial, sorry, you're not going to find one here (yet). But basically, you're going to use a damp paint brush to brush out lines of royal icing to create the petal effect. I found this video probably the most helpful to learn the technique. And from there, I just looked at other beautiful cookies online and used those as inspiration for my own cookies.


I think they're fun and sweet, and a little girly. And definitely just in time for Spring!


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...