Everything's better with sprinkles. Now, these aren't the kind of sugar cookie you decorate. They're more like the perfect chewy sugar cookie. Buttery, soft, sweet, with that extra special flare of being rainbow colored.
I may have eaten more than
Yield: 18 cookies
1 stick butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup rainbow sprinkles
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line two sheet pans with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Cream butter and sugar with the paddle of an electric mixer on medium speed, until light and fluffy.
3. Add the egg and vanilla extract and continue to beat on med-high speed until incorporated. Don't worry if it looks a little separated.
4. Add the flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Mix on low until almost fully incorporated. Add the sprinkles and mix until all ingredients are incorporated together.
5. Divide the dough into 1 oz balls, about the size of a ping pong ball. Arrange them on the sheet pans, leaving about 2'' of space between each cookie. Dampen your fingers and lightly press on the dough to flatten to about 1/2'' thick.
6. Bake cookies for 11-13 minutes, or until the edges just begin to brown. Rotate the sheet pans halfway through baking. Allow cookies to cool completely on baking sheets.
- No sprinkles? Leave them out and you still have an amazingly delicious chewy sugar cookie.
- Looking for something easy to bake for Valentine's day? Replace the rainbow sprinkles with red and pink ones and voila!